Saturday, May 10, 2008

Much Ado About Steven

I thought it best that I share a bit about my literary preferences before proceeding to post. I am stuck on the classics. Formula fiction is a bore (though some is noteworthy -Louis L'amour, my hat is off to you). I confess that I do have a favorite among all my favorites, and that is Nathaniel Hawthorne. And, of course, favorites are subject to change with time as other authors are newly discovered. Other favorites include: Robert Frost, Emily Dickinson, Charles Dickens, and the Great Shakespeare. This list may seem a bit antique, like it was pulled out of an old attic and had the dust wiped off of it, but you just can't beat a classic. These people were writers. There are others that I'm leaving out: Jane Austen, Baroness Orczy, Charlotte Bronte, and others -but these aren't as favorite as the previous list of favorites, so I probably won't talk about them as much.
Having said that, I feel I can now proceed to post all manner of boring things that I find exciting. If you don't share our enthusiasm, you've come to the wrong blog.
~Steven

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Good call moving the "Word A Day". Now we can actually read it. Why didn't I think of that?

Steve said...

Maybe you were far too busy with your little sunspot demanding "chocalate". "Please. Please. Please. Please."

Alicia said...

Ha ha! I know it! I wonder if please isn't polite when it's more of a demand than a request.